February 12, 2010

Previewing Against All Odds 2010


-----


the Nasty Boys vs. Team 3D

FK9:
In the wrestling business, Team 3D are as legendary as tag teams get. They're one of the most consistently over acts in TNA and they still have plenty to offer, IMO. The Nasty Boys are old, repugnant, broken down, extremely out of shape, completely irrelevant and absolutely horrible in every sense of the word. The Nasty Boys on my TV make me want to vomit. They do not belong in TNA and they are the reason why I am NOT paying for this PPV. I hope to God that 3D destroy those 2 repulsive idiots and cap off the match by throwing Knobbs & Sags into a dumpster with the rest of the trash where they belong.

Who should win: Team 3D

Chessarmy:
Really? What the hell is this doing here? I thought TNA was going to start pushing some young guys. I thought Hogan was going to turn this company around. Instead he gives his two fat friends a job. Does anybody really care? This match could have been decent 15 years ago, but times have changed and people want to see NEW teams. Where are the Motor City Machine Guns or Beer Money? They aren't on this card but the fucking NASTY BOYS are?! I just don't get it.

Who Should Win: Team 3D
-----





8 CARD STUD TOURNAMENT
-Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson
-Desmond Wolfe vs. "the Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
-Hernandez vs. Matt Morgan
-Abyss vs. Mick Foley

Plus, the semifinal and final tournament matches.

FK9:
Part of me would really like Abyss to win this thing and headline Lockdown against AJ to see if they could top or at least match their classic bout from Lockdown '05. Concurrently, I'd be happy as a pig in shit if Desmond Wolfe won. But even though we've seen it quite a few times now, AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle is the money match, and although it is pretty predictable for Angle to win this tournament, I can't think of a good reason for him not to that would would make sense on both the creative and business ends of the spectrum.

Who should win: Kurt Angle

Chessarmy:
The tournament features a pretty corny name, but I like the matches. Other than Foley/Abyss, everything looks good and it'll be interesting to see who advances. The winner of the entire tournament? It's very hard to predict, but if I have to choose someone, I'm going to go with Kurt Angle. I know, I know... if AJ retains, that means we're getting AJ/Angle yet AGAIN at Lockdown, but out of the crop of wrestlers in this tournament, Angle is the only one I can see coming out on top. If I was booking this, I'd have Desmond Wolfe win the tournament though. I think Wolfe is really starting to gain some momentum now, he can cut a great promo and put on an awesome match in the ring. Wolfe's been made to look like a star since his debut and I think NOW is the time to finally pull the trigger on his big push.

Who Should Win: Desmond Wolfe
-----





WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE [Special referee: Eric Bischoff]
Samoa Joe vs. "the Phenomenal" AJ Styles (c)

FK9:
Is it just me or did this match kind of come out of nowhere? Before this match was announced, I think Joe had only been on TV once since before the January 4th show, and that was on the losing end of a pretty short match with Desmond Wolfe. Now, all of a sudden, he's headlining a PPV against the world champ with 2 weeks of build up? Hey, I love that Joe is back in the main events where he belongs, but this match is just a time filler and we all know it. AJ's not losing that title before Lockdown, nor should he. It remains to be seen if his heel turn is going to work, but it would be pretty damn counterproductive if they paired AJ up with Ric Flair and then had him drop the championship a month later. Plus, I really want AJ to have a longer title reign than Sting did and be the longest reigning TNA world champ in history; AJ deserves that. Having said this, if Bischoff swerves Joe and helps AJ retain, it will be be the most predictable swerve in recent memory, so hopefully they've got something else in mind.

Who should win: AJ Styles

Chessarmy:
The AJ/Flair combo has grown on me, I must admit, but that doesn't mean it was the right thing to do. I still don't think the fans are buying into this "styles and profiles" gimmick, but if this is the direction TNA wants, this is what we're going to get. At least they aren't making AJ look like a complete moron like the last time he turned heel. Either way, I've enjoyed AJ's world title run since he won it back in September, but if there's anyone on the roster who SHOULD take the belt from AJ, it's Samoa Joe. Over the past two weeks, Joe's been cutting some amazing promos and you can tell he's improved his mic skills tremendously since his last babyface run. Like I said, I'm loving AJ's world title reign, but I think Samoa Joe is ready for a big push. This could set up an amazing showdown between Samoa Joe & Desmond Wolfe at Lockdown in April, and who wouldn't want to see that match?

Who should win: Samoa Joe

The PPV looks good, other than Abyss/Foley and Nasty Boys/3D. I think we could be in for a memorable show. The main event will deliver, as will some of the tournament matches. Hopefully the rest of the undercard gives us something to enjoy as well.

1 comment:

http://www.sportsbun.com said...

Watch TNA Against All Odds 2010 Free Online Live Stream. Total NonStop Action Against all Odds 2010 for Lockdown begins with the PPV scheduled on February 14, 2010 at the Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

http://www.clbuzz.com/watch-tna-against-all-odds-2010-live-stream-online/